Monday, June 13, 2011

What Is Man?

Psalm 8


1 O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!


What Is Man?

I have the great priviledge coming this weekend of sharing God's Word during our Father's Day observance at Fellowship. If you do not have plans to be at church, I hope, as I do every week, that you will plan to join us.

Any time my Pastor invites me to share, I am humbled, excited and a little anxious. I'm not worthy, in my mind, of the priviledge. At least, I used to think this way.

Worthiness is never something that is defined up. It, like favor, promotion, has to be defined down. Someone can put worthy on you, but you can never earn your worthiness. It's something that has to be given, never gained.

Who am I to share God's word? I'm the one He picked. You truly have to talk with Him about the appropriatness of it. I, on the other hand, have the responsibility to be obedient when He calls on me to serve or share. I didn't choose my calling. I accepted it. It wasn't the one I would have picked, believe me.

Why am I saying all this? As an encouragement. Your enemy is subtle and will even try to use your own sense of humility against you. Remember, Satan is not interested in you serving him. He's only interested in keeping you from serving, following after or believing God.

That calling, that press that's been on your life since you could remember. That dream that won't leave you alone. That still small voice that urges you to move on in your destiny is the God-planted calling trying to take root in your life.

A humble man or woman would rightly want to say 'but God, who am I to do this work?' But remember, who you are is the one He called. God will not set you on a journey that He is not fully committed to and prepared to see you through. His plans for you were laid before you were born and have eternal consequences. What is set for you is yours.

Beloved, press through the noise. Press through the humility into obedience. Press beyond the doubt into faith. Press beyond the objection to subjection. In your press, you'll find peace, purpose and a deeper relationship in Christ.

What is man? The one God chose to have dominion over the earth, to be made in His image and worthy of the blood of His only Son.

Who are you? The one Christ died for to restore to the Father.

Why you in this? Because you're the one God chose.

Romans 12:1-2 (again because some truth just has to be repeated, repeatedly)
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Peace.

Evg. Stephanie Robinson
Lifeline is the evangelistic ministry of Fellowship Church in Jonesboro, GA. Feel free to share this message.
Previous Lifeline mailings can also be reached through the church website www.fcchosengeneration.com on the Lifeline link. For questions or to subscribe, send an email to fellowship_lifeline@yahoo.com. You can reach the church at chosen.gen@att.net.

Fellowship Church
Where Passions Become Reality
Because you are a CHOSEN GENERATION!
455 Hwy 138 W, Ste C
Jonesboro, GA 30238
Alton Watkins, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment