Monday, June 6, 2011

Falling In Love

Song of Solomon 2:10-16

10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
13 The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
14 O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.
15 Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
16 My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies.

Falling in Love with Jesus

There is a song that's popular in churches...it's called 'Falling in Love with Jesus'. Many of you probably know it better than I. That's the song that comes to mind whenever the Holy Spirit takes me to The Song of Soloman. It's the soundtrack that plays in the background as I read those words.

Make no mistake, Jesus is in love with you. It takes total devotion to lay down your life for someone, particularly someone who may not be in love with you.

We see this all the time. That mother who's so devoted to that 'no good son.' That husband who dotes on a wife who brings him nothing but grief. The doctor who still makes housecalls to an elderly patient who cannot get to the office. The volunteer who gently nuzzles and comforts a crying baby born HIV positive. Missionaries who leave a life of comfort to go to a life of lack, just for the privilege of sharing the Gospel. All people who love beyond themselves, laying their life down as an offering toward that love.

Yes, believe it. Jesus loves you. That's not a cliche. That's a statement of truth. His love for you, for me, is so full, and so complete that it saturates every physical and spiritual sense. You can smell it in the air. You can feel His touch. You can taste His sweetness and see how He moves for and toward you. And just like being in the arms of a loved one, when you pull away, you can still smell His scent on you. You can see the imprint where He touched you.

Beloved, get close enough that His very fingerprints are left on you. His banner over you is love. Open your heart and you'll find that you were made to love Him back. And in loving Him, you will know a completeness as you've never known before.

Jesus loves me, this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.
They are weak, but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so.

Fall in love with Jesus. It will be the best thing you've ever done. I promise. And we'd be happy to play matchmaker for you at Fellowship.

1 John 4:7-11
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

Romans 12:1-2
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Peace and greater love.

Evg. Stephanie Robinson

Lifeline is the evangelistic ministry of Fellowship Church in Jonesboro, GA. Feel free to share this message.
Previous Lifeline mailings can also be reached through the church website www.fcchosengeneration.com on the Lifeline link. For questions or to subscribe, send an email to fellowship_lifeline@yahoo.com. You can reach the church at chosen.gen@att.net.

Fellowship Church
Where Passions Become Reality
Because you are a CHOSEN GENERATION!
455 Hwy 138 W, Ste C
Jonesboro, GA 30238
Alton Watkins, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment