Monday, September 28, 2015

Favor

John 17:13-21King James Version (KJV)

13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Here is the favor that applies to all who confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior...Jesus, himself, prayed to the Father on your behalf and on my behalf.  He prayed that we would have His joy fulfilled in our lives.  Jesus himself prayed for us to be kept, by God.  He prayed that we would be sanctified through the truth.  All these things, and more, Jesus prayed on our behalf.

All this, because of a profession.

And if that's not enough expressed favor;  if that still feels too far away, God Himself expressed it first.


John 3:16-17King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Today, beloved, walk in the favor of God.  All was sacrificed to give it to you.  Such a precious gift should be received with the same love with which it was given.

Lifeline is produced from the Evangelistic Ministry of Fellowship Church in Jonesboro, GA. You are encouraged to share this message. The Fellowship Church website (www.youarechosen.net) includes a link to the Lifeline Blog (www.lifelineatfellowship.blogspot.com) where you can find previous messages.  

Evangelist Robinson also posts her entries on Facebook and Twitter. To subscribe to the mailing, or for questions and comments, tweet (@evangeliststeff) or send an email to fellowship_lifeline@yahoo.com.

Fellowship Church can be reached at chosen.gen@att.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment