Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cross Post from Through His Eyes...


Today's entry is a cross post from the blog I keep of my son, Myles' inspired words...


I Pray the Lord My Soul to Keep

I was fussing at Myles today.  He had done something wrong and tried to hide it only to have mom discover the hidden deed.  As his punishment, he had to clean up the mess he'd made and take the trash out.  Where we live, the dumpster is a bit of a walk, even for a newly minted 10 year old.

It was getting dark when he left with the trash.  We are on the upper floors of our building, so it is my habit to stand on the balcony and watch over him as he walks to the dumpster, especially if its dark out.  The first time he went by himself, he asked me to do this (not that he had to).  Today, as I yelled 'I'm here.  I've got you.' from the balcony,  he answered 'It's okay, Mom.  When you can't see me, I've got God. I'll be ok.'


Psalm 121

 1I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
 2My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
 3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
 4Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
 5The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
 6The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
 7The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
 8The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Yes, dear boy.  I know you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment