Monday, August 24, 2009

Do We 'Get' Grace?

II Corinthians 12

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


Do We 'Get' Grace?

“My grace is sufficient.” That pearl shared through Paul is so potent and powerful. And so easily overlooked. One of those phrases we say so that people know we’re Christians, but do we really get it?

This confession from Paul reminds us of his humanity, sure, but of God’s grace more importantly. We don’t earn anything from God…not even favor. It is all given at the Lord’s will, not ours. That’s the beauty of this relationship.

There are expectations but they are designed to deepen the relationship from our side. The Lord is already 'all in' this relationship. The expectations I mentioned are the practices that usher us into being ‘all in.’ They don’t change God’s mind…they change ours.

And, the Lord understands that it is a process. That our love for Him grows during the walk, even when we come up short. The more we realize that there is nothing…NOTHING…in our lives that can separate us from the love of God, the less we focus on what we’re doing wrong. And, consequently the more we focus on doing the Lord’s will in our lives.

Dearest, whatever it is that you think is too awful or that keeps you too weak to be ‘all in’ with your relationship with God, it is no match for His love and grace.

What you see as a weakness, a flaw, a hindrance, God sees as an opportunity to demonstrate His strength through you. But are you willing to trust Him with your weakness? You believe Him for abundance, can you believe Him for acceptance?

He’s not looking for you to be perfect…His love and grace bring perfection to you. But when you know you’ve come up short, His grace is sufficient.

II Corinthians 12:10

Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.


- Sis. Stephanie Robinson



Lifeline is the evangelistic ministry of Fellowship Church in Jonesboro , GA.

For questions or to subscribe to this, email at fellowship_lifeline@yahoo.com

Fellowship Church
455 HWY 138 Suite C
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Alton Watkins, Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment